Early Learning & Kinder COVID-19 Announcement
Aberdeen Street Early Learning & Kinder
Child Care Centre Newtown
Our centre offers childcare in Newton, and seeks to be a home away from home. Aberdeen Early Learning & Kinder provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Our child-directed learning programs are designed to stimulate your child’s sense of curiosity and wonder. With thoughtfully arranged learning spaces aim to support your child’s interests, we make learning exciting! We look forward to you being part of the Aberdeen Street Early Learning and Kinder.
At our centre, you will find:
- Our Bachelor qualified Kinder Teacher is keen to not only get your child school-ready, but to work in partnership you to build a resilient and caring child who is ready to embrace the world.
- Our onsite cook is making fresh and nutritious meals to fuel your child’s body and mind. We provide breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a late supper to support your child’s learning and play all day.
- Our environments are purposefully designed to meet every child at their unique point of development. We understand not every child or family is the same, and our learning spaces reflect that. Like you, we wonder who they will be if we offer them the best start in life…
- Our holistic curriculum is designed to achieve not only school readiness, but to nurture thoughtful, understanding and tolerant young citizens in a way that makes learning fun. Who knows what amazing ideas lie in these young minds?
- When we say open-door policy, we mean it. We are here to support families in every way we can. Whenever you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Our fully-funded, all day Kindergarten program is led by a Bachelor trained Early Childhood Teacher. We offer a stimulating curriculum with the aim of building confident and active learners. Using a holistic approach to education, we combine school readiness programs with learning experiences to foster the social and emotional development of young children. Our integrated indoor/outdoor curriculum is child-directed and seeks to engage children in meaningful learning experiences that get them excited about learning and confident to commence their formal education journey.
Meet our Director: Maddy Croxford
Welcome to Aberdeen Street Early Learning & Kinder. My name is Maddy Croxford and I am the Centre Director. I started my early education and care career here at Aberdeen street in 2013 as a Co-Educator working with the Toddler age group. During my time here at Aberdeen street I have worked in many different rooms and with many different age groups. I have also taken on many different rolls throughout the centre including Team Leader, WHS representative and Assistant Director, before taking on the Director role, during March 2020.
I believe a child’s first few years of learning are incredibly important to their development and I believe the everyday provides us with new learning opportunities. I value all our relationships with our families and enjoy learning about the individual cultures that make up our community
My goal as Director is to create a safe, caring, fun and inspirational centre environment for each child to grow, learn and explore. This is a goal that is shared with our educators throughout the centre.
I Look forward to meeting you all.
Email Maddy Croxford